Join the CHASA Facebook Parent Discussion Group
This large group includes parents of children with hemiplegia and adults who’ve had hemiplegia since childhood. This group is only open to parents of children or adults who have hemiplegia and is administered by parents of children and young adults who have hemiplegia.
To join the parent discussion group:
1. Create a Facebook account.
CHASA Facebook Page
“Like” Children’s Hemiplegia and Stroke Association’s Facebook Page and receive the latest news about CHASA activities, adaptive equipment, research trials, and more. This is also a perfect page for extended families and friends to join.
CHASA Facebook Specialty Groups
We also have a variety of specialty groups on Facebook. A few of the groups are listed below and new groups are often added. Friend Joseph Atwood (group administrator) and private message him to ask to be added to the specialty groups.
- Local Meetup Groups: Families who live in your area
- Young Adults Living with Hemiplegia Since Childhood
- Parents of Teens and Young Adults
- Pediatric Stroke Parent Group – child or teen who has had a stroke after age 1, or had stroke and heart disease, or has had multiple strokes
- Homeschooling CHASA Kids
- Shoe Exchange – Find Your Sole Mate – find others who wear shoes that are different sizes and trade
- Careers & Networking – For young adults with hemiplegia. Mentors are also welcome and encouraged to join.
- Pediatric Stroke CHASA Babies – For parents of babies who have a recent diagnosis of early stroke
The information in this web site and Facebook pages and groups isn’t a substitute for professional care. Please don’t use it for self-diagnosis or treatment. To ensure that this group and discussion boards respects the privacy of everyone involved, please limit posts, stories and discussions to your own experiences (including your experiences with your child, if applicable).
CHASA assumes no liability for the information contained in this website. Facebook groups and Facebook pages or for its use.