We love our volunteers!
CHASA is proud to have a growing number of committed compassionate volunteers that assist our families and children in many ways. In honor of the many volunteers with which CHASA has been blessed, we extend a special heartfelt thank you! We depends on people like you to help us advance the independence of children with hemiplegia. There are several ways for you to get involved.
Help us provide families and the community with educational information about children with hemiplegia and the success and challenges they face.
- Write for our blog as a regular contributor or a guest contributor
- Write about different topics
- Make videos
- Share your photographs
- Share your child’s story
- Edit site content
- Check for broken links
- Research a topic
- Use Word to create fact sheets
Fill out this form and let us know more about how you’d like to help out.
Local Groups Team
In person support is extrememly valuable for families of children who have have a diagnosis of hemiplegia. Families often report that they feel very isoloated and while friends and familiy try to understand, there is nothing better than meeting another family who is going through a similar situation. Families and children who have friends who are experiencing similar challenges report reduced levels of stress and a feeling that they are not alone. Local groups are one of CHASA’s most important outreach programs.
- Volunteer to be a Director or Co-Director for your state or community
- Assist state Directors by emailing or phoning new families
- Provide CHASA with information about upcoming events, programs, activities in your community that may be of interest to families
- Set up a play group or Mom’s afternoon or evening out at a restaurant – easy and fun!
Fundraising and Awareness Team
- Work with CHASA board members to increase third-party fundraising projects
- Develop new ideas for fundraising projects
- Visit our Fundraising Section for ideas about how you can set up a third-party fundraiser
- Visit our Help Build Awareness Section for ideas about increasing awareness of hemiplegia and pediatric stroke
Other Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to be involved in the higher levels of leadership at CHASA, please contact us. We have several opportunities and can help you find the perfect spot on our team! Opportunities are available in Hemiplegia and Pediatric Stroke Research, Awareness, and New Programs.