Searching for the perfect pair of jeans for your child with hemiplegia? Navigating buttons can be a challenge when using just one hand. Many of our kids eventually learn to button pants, but until then, or if they’re in a hurry, the elastic waist pants are a big time saver.
Where Can I Find Elastic Waist Jeans?
Search for elastic waist or pull on jeans.
- Hanna Anderson
- Crazy 8
- Osh Kosh
- C. W. D. Kids
- Land’s End
- TheSeniorShop.com – adult sizes
Ready for Buttons?
- Use a seam ripper to make the button hole a little larger
- Use a “button assist‘”
Forget the Buttons!
- Add a velcro fastener. Remove the button. Stitch up the button hole. Attach a snap or velcro.
- Altering jeans for individuals with hemiplegia– Add your own elastic to traditional jeans
- Buy good quality leggings or jeggings